In general, calculate 1 hour per kilo* of meat. This cooking time is for a pre-heated electric fan-assisted oven at a temperature of 160 – 180 degrees only, which is 350F or gas mark 4. All ovens vary slightly.
When will I know my Turkey Breast Fillet is cooked?
- We recommend covering the skin of the turkey breast fillet with real Irish butter for added flavour (remove those streaky rashers first and then place them back on the breast of the turkey once you have covered it in butter).
- Cover the turkey breast fillet with foil.
- Remove turkey breast fillet from the oven with half of the cooking time left and carefully remove the foil.
- Place back into the oven for the remaining time until the skin is crisp and golden brown.
- Always make sure your cooked turkey breast fillet is piping hot all the way through, with no pink meat, and all the juices run clear (when thickest part of breast is pierced with a fork).
- If you are using a meat thermometer, ensure the core temperature of the turkey is 75 degrees Celsius.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving and and keep it covered if you wish. Enjoy!!
*Note: To convert lbs to kilos, divide your lbs figure by 2.2. To convert kilos to lbs, multiply your kilo figure by 2.2.