- Place your ham (from bag, including the netting) into a large pot. Fill pot with water until ham is completely covered.
- Bring water to the boil, and throw away the water.
- Refill pot with water until ham is covered.
- Bring water to the boil and leave simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes per lb or 40 minutes per kilo.
- e.g.: 6lbs @ 20mins per lb = 2hrs, 11lbs = 3hrs 40mins | 2kg @ 40 minutes per kilo = 1 hour 20 minutes
- Keep an eye on water so that is doesn’t boil off.
- Remove ham from pot and place onto a dish.
- With a scissors, carefully cut off netting around the ham. The skin around the ham should come off with this netting. If not, just pull off the skin leaving the layer of fat underneath the skin intact.
- Place the ham onto a roasting dish.
- Glazing the Ham:
- Mix 3 large tablespoons of honey and 2 large tablespoons of wholegrain mustard together. Rub this mix onto the white fat on the ham. Then with a knife score the fat (lightly cut vertical and horizontal lines through the fat to form boxes). In each box place a whole clove.
- Heat your oven to 180C and place uncovered ham in for 20-30mins. approximately.
Privacy & Cookies Policy