- 1 ham
- 3 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- Allow 40 minutes of cooking time per kilo
- Place your ham in a colander and rinse under the tap
- Drain off the water and place the ham on a roasting tray
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas mark 3
- Cover with foil and place the ham into the oven for the calculated time based on its weight minus a half an hour.
- In a bowl, mix the honey with 3 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
- Remove the foil and the skin of the ham (this should now come away easily, leaving the layer of fat underneath the skin intact) and spread the mixture over the surface of the ham using the back of a spoon or a knife. At this stage, you can cut diamond shapes into the surface of the ham, if you wish.
- Place back into the oven for the remaining cooking time (3o minutes).
- Remove from the oven and leave it to rest for 20-30 minutes.
Please note that these are the guidelines as stated by Safefood Ireland. Further information can be obtained at: www.safefood.eu