- 1 ham
- 3 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- Allow 1 hour of cooking time per kilo
- Place your ham in a colander and rinse under the tap
- Drain off the water and place the ham on a roasting tray
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas mark 3
- Cover with foil and place the ham into the oven for half an hour at the above temperature
- In a bowl, mix the honey with 3 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
- Remove the foil and spread the mixture over the surface of the ham using the back of a spoon or a knife. At this stage, you can cut diamond shapes into the surface of the ham, if you wish.
- Place back into the oven for the remaining cooking time, which you calculated based on the weight of the ham.
- Remove from the oven and leave it to rest for 20 minutes
Please note that these are the guidelines as stated by Safefood Ireland. Further information can be obtained at: www.safefood.eu